Tascam Mx-2424 24 Hard Disk Digital 24-track Recorder Bundle Pack With If-an24!
Tascam MX-2424 24 Hard Disk Digital 24-Track Recorder Bundle Pack with IF-AN24!
For auction is my faithful Tascam MX-2424 24-track hard disk recorder. Used and cared for faithfully in my non-smoking studio for the last 7 years or so. Many fantastic recordings were made with the MX2424. It's incredibly strong with great sounding converters for use in the studio and amazingly functional for mobile use. Its a tank!
It is in absolutely excellent working condition, with a few scuffs on the top and right side which are pictured, as well as the face of the one drive enclosure is scratched a bit.
This MX-2424 package comes with upgrades and extras:
- IF-AN24 - A/D/D/A module provides 24 channels of analog to digital and digital to analog conversion at 24 bit 44.1k/48k
or 12 channels of 24 bit 96k on six DB-25 connectors.
- 256 Ram upgrade
- StorCase Data Express DE100i-SW160 SCSI Swappable Drive Enclosure, with 1 extra enclosure!
- 36G Seagate Cheetah ST336607LW Ultra 320 hard drive
- R7 J304 Cat5e Crossover Network Cable for Computer Connections to Use Proprietary Editing Software MX-View(different the the 'straight Cat5!)
- TASCAM 4MB Smart Media Card
- Last & most recent OS - 3.12
- CD of all Manuals as pdf's, w/ extra original 'Read Me' manuals and MX-View shortcuts printed
- Heaps of Awesome Music-Making Mojo
NOTE ON SHIPPING:
Because of frequent shipping cost miscalculations due to terrible luck with online calculators, the shipping cost given is an estimate.
All bidders in their bid must agree to cover the full and actual end cost of the shipping charges, if there is a greater balance that the estimate given. If there is a balance, this will need to be covered in a second payment.
MX-2424 is a professional 24 track, 24 bit hard disk recorder. The
MX-2424 delivers the convenience, power and reliability of a dedicated
multitrack, yet still offers the sophistication of a DAW.
the MX-2424 in a studio is easy, with option cards available for all
the common audio formats. The MX-2424 provides separate slots for the
analog I/O cage and the digital I/O slots, offering the ability to
interface with digital and analog sources simultaneously.
MX-2424 offers thorough time code and control options, including SMPTE
and MTC chase and generate, plus Word Clock and Video Sync resolve. For
controlling the MX-2424, you can use the optional RC-2424 remote, or use
MMC, 9-pin control, or even an Alesis LRC remote.
Helpful Live Sound/Install Functions:
- Theater Mode (Pauses at Locate Points)
- Power-Up Play (Plays Song When Powered On)
- Built-In 9GB Drive (Offers 45 Minutes of Record Time)
- Front Panel Drive Bay and Rear Panel SCSI Port
- Standard Mac/PC Drive Formats (Fat32, HFS & HFS+)
- Standard Audio File Formats (SDII & Broadcast WAV)
- MX-View GUI (MacOS 9.1 & 9.2, Win 98SE/ME/2000/XP)
- 100Mbit Ethernet (Used for GUI & Audio Transfers)
Modular Multitrack-like Features:
- Front Panel LED Matrix (Displays Key Project Settings)
- 24 Tracks at 44.1kHz or 48kHz, 16 or 24 bit
- 12 Tracks at 88.2kHz or 96kHz, 16 or 24 bit
- 2 Channel AES/EBU and SPDIF Coax Digital I/O
- 32 Machine Sample Accurate Lock (via TL-BUS)
- Sony P2 9-pin Control (RS-422 on Remote Port)
- MMC Control Formats
- Generate & Chase Time Code (SMPTE & MTC)
- Word Sync (In/Out/Thru)
- Video Sync (In/Thru)
- RC-2424 Remote (Controls up to 6 MX-2424s)
- DVD-RAM Back-Up Solutions (9.4GB/disc)
- 24ch Balanced Analog I/O (IF-AN24)
- 24ch TDIF Digital I/O (IF-TD24)
- 24ch Lightpipe Digital I/O (IF-AD24)
- 24ch AES/EBU Digital I/O (IF-AE24)
The MX-2424's extensive recording
capabilities and time code capabilities have earned it a place in major
motion picture and television production environments. It's affordable
price helped the MX-2424 find it's way into numerous personal and
project studios. With TASCAM's DA-88 legacy and MMR film dubbers, you've
come to expect that.
However, the MX-2424's rock-solid
reliability and friendly interface have opened the doors to markets
where DAWs normally don't go - live sound. The MX-2424's multitrack
playback functionality is commonly used for multi-zone music feeds,
music mixes with double tracked vocals, surround sound effects, and